Wednesday, December 19

VMware interview question QA test automation position

I have had one round of telephonic interviews with Vmware (Bangalore India) for test automation(QA) position. Interview was focussed mainly around Perl, OS concepts and Unix. If you are looking for some test automation related question then you can go through this blog.

The telephonic interview lasts about 30-45 min. I am able to recall these questions

  1. Can you quickly go through your profile as to what have you done so far
  2. What responsibilities do you cater to in your current organization
  3. Explain your automation framework (this is a very common question in almost all interviews for test automation positions)
  4. They asked me which all programming languages do I know. I said C TSL winrunner, perl, shell, oop concepts, HTMl. Then he asked me which of these have I been actaully using in my work. I said Perl and TSL and shell scripting
  5. So, he started with Perl, first googly. What will happen if you assign a hash to a scalar. I didnt know but later found out that the scalar actually tell us about the internal representation of how the hash has been stored internallyi.e how many buckets allocated and how mayn are being actually used.
  6. What are the data types in Perl
  7. Have you ever written a perl module? What does a module start with and what does it end with?
  8. How do you use a module in your perl program?
  9. How do you break out of a for loop? and - last statement
  10. Then he started with OS concepts...DO you what is paging? Explain it
  11. What is internal and external fragmentation? I didnt expect these OS question and I was trying to recall from my acedemics...and he asked whether I use these concepts in my daily work or whether I am recalling it from my academics. I told him that four yrs have been passed since graduation, but I am trying to recall these concepts.
  12. He continued with OS...what is difference between thread and process (dont tell him that thread is instance of a process...he will ask again..what does it mean)
  13. What is multi process and multi thread program (GOD knows what did he mean by a multi process program)
  14. What is caching? What is the difference between cache and buffer cache(I dont know second one)
  15. Which flavor of UNIX do you use?
  16. What is the command to find all files with extn *.c in UNIX?
  17. Then how do you find a line "#include" in all these file using the above command? i told him use grep and stuff..and he asked me abt the exact command to use it
  18. How do you see machines IP address is unix?
  19. Which file stores the IP address in UNIX?
  20. What is the equivalent command in UNIX as to using a task manager in Windows? basically he wanted to know how to find out how much memory a process is using
  21. How to find out which ports are open on UNIX
Thats all I can recall! It is sort of rapid fire round to test your basics. I just had one iterview and waiting for second call.

Best of Luck.

Source Nice Friend

Click Here To SubMit Your Resume

Related Jobs by Category And Location



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

0 comments:

Post Jobs Free

Post Job Vacancies Free of cost
Mail Us the Vacancy Details at jobs @ jobholic.co.in If you are a recruiter interested in Posting jobs daily, mail me your email id. I'll invite you to join this Job board so that you can urself post vacancies

Click Here To Post Jobs For Free

If you want us to delete any posting or Job Vacancy, mail us with the url or address of that job vacancy on jobs @ jobholic.co.in and we will remove it in no time.

Total Job Openings