Wednesday, November 28

#38: What would you say to your boss if he’s crazy about an idea, but you think it stinks?

TRAPS: This is another question that pits two values, in this case loyalty and honesty, against one another.

BEST ANSWER: Remember the rule stated earlier: In any conflict between values, always choose integrity.

Example: I believe that when evaluating anything, it’s important to emphasize the positive. What do I like about this idea?”

“Then, if you have reservations, I certainly want to point them out, as specifically, objectively and factually as I can.”

“After all, the most important thing I owe my boss is honesty. If he can’t count on me for that, then everything else I may do or say could be questionable in his eyes.”

“But I also want to express my thoughts in a constructive way. So my goal in this case would be to see if my boss and I could make his idea even stronger and more appealing, so that it effectively overcomes any initial reservation I or others may have about it.”

“Of course, if he overrules me and says, ‘no, let’s do it my way,’ then I owe him my full and enthusiastic support to make it work as best it can.”

Click Here To SubMit Your Resume

Related Jobs by Category And Location



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

0 comments:

Post Jobs Free

Post Job Vacancies Free of cost
Mail Us the Vacancy Details at jobs @ jobholic.co.in If you are a recruiter interested in Posting jobs daily, mail me your email id. I'll invite you to join this Job board so that you can urself post vacancies

Click Here To Post Jobs For Free

If you want us to delete any posting or Job Vacancy, mail us with the url or address of that job vacancy on jobs @ jobholic.co.in and we will remove it in no time.

Total Job Openings